Fodor's Southern California: With Los Angeles, San Diego, the Central Coast & the Best Road Trips
Whether you want to get a glimpse of the Hollywood sign, hike in Joshua Tree National Park, or visit San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter , the local Fodor's travel experts in Southern California are here to help! Fodor's Southern California guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's Southern California travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 25 DETAILED MAPS and a FREE PULL-OUT MAP to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "Best Beaches in San Diego," "Best Celebrity Hangouts in L.A.," and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on the "San Diego Zoo," "What to Eat and Drink," and "What to Watch and Read Before Your Trip"
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Los Angeles, San Diego, Joshua Tree National Park, Death Valley National Park, the Pacific Coast Highway, Route 66, Big Sur, Santa Barbara, the Mojave Desert, Palm Springs, and more.
Planning on visiting other destinations in the southwest? Check out Fodor's Arizona, Fodor's Fodor's Las Vegas, Fodor's Utah, and Fodor's InFocus Santa Fe .
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!
Publisher: Fodor's Travel Publications
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 8.00h x 5.20w x 0.70d
About the Author
Fodor's Travel Guides: - For over 80 years, Fodor's Travel has been a trusted resource offering expert travel advice for every stage of a traveler's trip. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budget in over 7,500 worldwide destinations. Our books make it possible for every trip to be a trip of a lifetime